Monday, January 28, 2008

Re: For Web Masters/ Designers (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED=20
Caveats: NONE

Both Photoshop and Dreamweaver are memory hogs. I make due with
Dreamweaver and connecting FTP sites as drives (in lieu of Filezilla).
I also tend to use Photoshop Elements to lighten the load and because it
has that great feature that lets you combine multiple photos for a
single "good" shot. Also, if you have an AGP graphics card with a small
amount of onboard RAM (most likely in a laptop) that second monitor is
chewing up system RAM as well. Load as much RAM as you can get. I have
a HP Compaq nx9420 with 2GB of RAM. I typically run Dreamweaver, Visual
Studio, Word, IE6, and Firefox. VS is the first thing I close (if I am
working in Flash or Photoshop).

At home it is similar with a PowerBook and 2GB of RAM. =20

_J

Jason Johnson - Program Director
Web Services Branch - Walter Reed Army Medical Center Ingenium (ISO
9001:2000 certified)
Office: 202-782-1047
Cell: 202-262-0516
jason.johnson@ingenium.net