Sunday, January 27, 2008

Re: For Web Masters/ Designers

Got it.

I feel slightly less stupid now.

; )

On Jan 27, 2008 11:22 AM, Bill Fitzgerald <dwfitzgerald@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Norman Maynard <nmaynard@thorntonfriends.org>
> wrote:
>
>
> > > When I want to switch to my dual monitor setup, I
> > > power up the newly arrived OLPC! No kidding
> >
> >
> > Now that's interesting. I know I'm going to sound
> > really stupid asking this
> > (but hey, I've been there before), but - how? The
> > OLPC that I cannot wrest
> > from my children's hands has 3 usb ports, mic, etc.
> > but I don't see anyway
> > to connect another monitor. And once you do, what
> > are the graphics like?
> >
> > Norman
> >
> Hello, Norman,
>
> I probably should have said my "dual monitor" system
> -- I don't attach an external to the OLPC; I have the
> two computers side by side, so I have the individual
> monitor from two computers. I use the OLPC to research
> answers to questions (and even to do some initial
> cross-browser compatibility checking with Opera).
>
> We use a web-based project management tool, so I can
> save any resources I need to use on other machines
> online.
>
> Sorry about my lack of clarity --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> non-commercial, share-alike license.
>

--
Norman Maynard
Principal
Thornton Friends Upper School
Silver Spring, MD

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.