Monday, January 14, 2008

Re: Human Body Exhibits

I strongly suggest googling Gunther von Hagens before you make a decision.
Be sure to look beyond the Body Worlds website. I decided the controversy
surrounding von Hagens, the individual, was such that I did not want to
support his endeavor.

Additionally, as much as I am still filled with wonder by the beauty of
internal anatomy, I have an ethical issue with someone profiting (hugely)
from sensationalizing the body - sort of an anatomist's pornography - and if
I did, then some of the parents at my school would as well.

Yours,

Jody C. Jones
Forsyth School
St. Louis, MO