Sunday, January 27, 2008

Re: For Web Masters/ Designers

--- Norman Maynard <nmaynard@thorntonfriends.org>
wrote:

> > When I want to switch to my dual monitor setup, I
> > power up the newly arrived OLPC! No kidding
>

> Now that's interesting. I know I'm going to sound
> really stupid asking this
> (but hey, I've been there before), but - how? The
> OLPC that I cannot wrest
> from my children's hands has 3 usb ports, mic, etc.
> but I don't see anyway
> to connect another monitor. And once you do, what
> are the graphics like?
>
> Norman

Hello, Norman,

I probably should have said my "dual monitor" system
-- I don't attach an external to the OLPC; I have the
two computers side by side, so I have the individual
monitor from two computers. I use the OLPC to research
answers to questions (and even to do some initial
cross-browser compatibility checking with Opera).

We use a web-based project management tool, so I can
save any resources I need to use on other machines
online.

Sorry about my lack of clarity --

Cheers,

Bill