Thursday, January 24, 2008

Re: Chart vs Graph

In math courses at my school, we use "table" or "data table" to denote a
list of numerical data. A "graph" or "scatter plot" is what you get when
you plot bivariate data on a set of x-y axes. We refer to other visual
representations of data by name: "stem-and-leaf plot", "histogram", "bar
graph", and so on.

Many thanks,
Dave Wang

<><><><><><><><><><>
Dave Wang
Mathematics teacher
The Bay School of San Francisco
www.bayschoolsf.org
415-561-5800 x 119
=20
I have not failed. I have merely found 10,000 ways which do not work.
- Thomas Edison
=20
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model which makes the existing model obsolete.
- Buckminster Fuller