Thursday, January 31, 2008

Re: Lobby Display/Announcement System

Hi Peter,

We have been using a system to do this for the past 4 years at Ensworth. The
name of the software package is Firesign (http://www.firesign.net). This
allows us to schedule various segments to display on different displays at
different times. This year we worked with them along with our web site
designer/host Whipplehill to integrate the data from our website to the
displays. Now the displays show news, calendar events and athletics
information pulled directly from the website without double entry. The
system has worked great and requires little effort with the information
being pulled automatically.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Tony Trumbo
Director of Technology
The Ensworth School
Nashville, TN

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:13:45 -0500, Peter Richardson
<richardson@RUTGERSPREP.ORG> wrote:

>Friends,
>
>I am a bit embarrassed to be asking this as I know it has been
>discussed on this list before. But, because they were not on my radar
>at the time, I did not pay adequate attention.
>
>Can anyone share ideas on a system that would display daily
>announcements, etc on a screen that we would put up in our lobby? All
>thoughts are welcome.
>
>Thanks
>
>Peter Richardson
>Director of Technical Services
>Rutgers Preparatory School
>1345 Easton Avenue
>Somerset, NJ 08873
>
>732-545-5600 x238
>
>[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.