Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re: Learning Management Systems - Moodle or Sakai?

We moved from Blackboard to Moodle two years ago. We host it locally and our teachers and students like it a lot.

I am also on the Board for the Online School for Girls, and we use Haiku LMS for courses. It is not open source but also not expensive, they host it, and we have been very pleased with its ease of use and the company's responsiveness. I'd recommend
taking a look at it.

I hope this helps. Karen

Karen Douse
Director of Library and Information Services
Ann Scott Carell Library
615-346-0116
Harpeth Hall School
www.harpethhall.org
"Harpeth Hall educates young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably."