Monday, January 25, 2010

Re: Considering new SIS - help please

If you are going to look at a FileMaker based system I would recommend
The Proof Group (http://www.proofgroup.com).

As a former InResonance (IR) school (Admissions/Academics/Develoment/
Web) we eventually found that the data model their systems are based
on could not support the growing needs and reporting we were looking
for and needed. Also, their ability to support what we wanted to do
was extremely limited.

We moved to The Proof Group for all of our support, customization and
development to extend the IR systems we had.

Proof's systems offer much more functionality and use allowing schools
to leverage their data in ways they couldn't before. Also, unlike
other closed or web-based SIS systems out there you can truly
customize the Proof systems to meet your needs.

Lastly, look very closely at the annual costs associated with any SIS
and make sure you don't get locked into anything you have to pay for
annually. If you spend time customizing or training around any system
you should own that system.

William Stites
Director of Technology
The Montclair Kimberley Academy