Friday, January 22, 2010

Re: Portable Student Health Records?

I haven't noticed anybody mentioning HIPPA<http://www.hipaa.org/>. As we ar=
e keeping detailed medical records (including treatment for those of us wit=
h nurses/doctors on staff), we've gone out of our way to try and stay in th=
e neighborhood of the standards that apply to other treatment facilities. A=
s far as I know, none of the current SIS products is HIPPA compliant. We ar=
e using SNAP for Nurses from PSNI so that medical data is as secure as poss=
ible.

No current insight on the digital signature issue, but starting to dig into=
the legalities for field trip permission, contracts, etc.

Daniel F. Hudkins

Director of Instructional Technology, Director of Information Technology Se=
rvice & Support

Ethics Teacher, Advisor Class of 2011, JSA Teacher/Adviser, Ass't Coach Var=
sity Softball

500 Saratoga Ave.

San Jose, CA 95129

(408) 345-9631