Friday, January 22, 2010

Re: Anybody have experience with MIMIO Interactive?

Hi Ann -
Technology moves apace ... I'm glad you updated us on the Mimios, and I'd
like to add that our newest Polyvision board uses a pen. It's accurate and
indestructible, and the teacher loves it (it's also more expensive than
the Mimos).
Terry

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>Terry,
>I've only tested the Mimios, but my experience last year far surpassed my
>experience a few years before. While it is true, you can't use your finger
>to write and control the board, the pens are more accurate. We had used
>Polyvision boards and there were times I felt like I was pounding the
>board
>to make it write. For that reason I prefer the boards that require pens.
>We
>eventually moved onto Promethean and Mimios.
>-Ann
>
>On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Ann Hamel <ann.hamel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Terry,
>> I've only tested the Mimios, but my experience last year far surpassed
>my
>> experience a few years before. While it is true, you can't use your
>finger
>> to write and control the board, the pens are more accurate. We had used
>> Polyvision boards and there were times I felt like I was pounding the
>board
>> to make it write. For that reason I prefer the boards that require
>pens. We
>> eventually moved onto Promethean and Mimios.
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Terry Dash
><Terry_Dash@pikeschool.org>wrote:
>>
>>> We found something similar when we looked at the Mimio a number of
>years
>>> ago...
>>>
>>> The teacher who tried to use the Mimio in her classroom found that
>because
>>> the tracking was not very accurate, she had to write very slowly in
>order
>>> for the Mimio to capture her written annotations correctly. Ultimately,
>>> she felt that the Mimio slowed down her class too much to consider for
>>> purchase.
>>>
>>> Terry
>>> . . .
>>>
>>> Terry Dash
>>> Director of Technology
>>> The Pike School
>>> 34 Sunset Rock Road
>>> Andover, Massachusetts 01810
>>> ph: 978-475-1197 x6623
>>> fx: 978-475-3014
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874
>]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
>non-commercial, share-alike license.
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L