Saturday, January 23, 2010

Re: Portable Student Health Records?

I'm constantly looking at FERPA & HIPAA. That's why I like the idea
someone shared previously regarding a partnership with a hospital.
Providing that approved "HIPAA" partner with our records so that when /
if an accident occurs the attending hospital can call our partner
hospital to obtain the private, secure, notarized records.

Of course, we haven't done that yet, but I really like the idea.

I suppose that if digital signatures are acceptable, then this point is
moot. You could then have a smart phone with an encrypted SD card
containing all your records.

Joe