Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re: Learning Management Systems - Moodle or Sakai?

At Manlius Pebble Hill School, we are experimenting with Moodle with one =
teacher. We hope to get more teachers onboard to share their =
experience.
=20
- Not using Sakai because of all the conferences I have been to, none of =
them had a session on Sakai
- From other districts, they had told me that Blackboard cost them =
$10,000+ a year to for the support and license. This is extremely cost =
prohibitive for us.
- Using Moodle because it's free and many other schools have been using =
it it.
=20
Moodle:
Hosting it in house. It is as simple as setting up your own web server. =
Setup a cheap PC and install Moodle on it if you want to play with it.
=20
Brian Lee
Manlius Pebble Hill School