Sunday, June 22, 2008

Re: Part-time teachers and use of school laptops?

Fred:

I agree with everything Marilyn noted. We went through a period where
the School did not provide part-time faculty with laptops and it became
a big stumbling point. The next phase was providing used laptops to
part-time faculty. Support issues were constant. Finally, we decided
to give all faculty, whether full or part-time, a laptop that is
replaced every three to four years. One of the best decisions we made.

Andrew J. Speyer
Director of Information Technology Services
Choate Rosemary Hall
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
[voice] 203.697.2105