Friday, June 13, 2008

Re: Best Platform for a New School

I second the suggestion for using an extended monitor. I didn't get it =
until I used one and now I can't stand not having one. As one of those =
people who is interrupted all the time to schedule rooms, I keep the =
week's calendar open on one monitor and do my work on the other one. It =
is also a larger monitor, so any graphics/webdesign/document editing =
tasks move over to that monitor and I use the laptop for email/ticket =
system, etc. Also as we move more and more to mobile computing, we are =
finding people more amenable to using a tablet/laptop if they have the =
extended monitor, keyboard and mouse. So at their desks, the =
tablet/laptop is just a cpu, while in the classroom, it is a slate and =
effective teaching tool. Finally, I just got a new Dell tablet, which I =
LOVE. It is much easier to hold and to read than the Lenovo I was =
using. I'm just getting used to it but I am able to write on it more =
comfortably and it is thinner in height, lighter, and wider in landscape =
mode than the Lenovo...in other words, worth the price difference IMHO. =
Good luck with the new school! Vi
=20
Vi Richter
Academic Technology Coordinator