Sunday, June 22, 2008

Re: Blocking Downloads

I am using 10.4. When I click the Parent Control link in Account, my =
only options seem to be to control Safari as a browser. However, the =
only thing I can seem to do is add approved websites they can use. I =
just want to block downloads.

I am trying to conserve bandwidth, so deleting downloads on log-off =
doesn't really help, but great to know if I do need that option. =20

They can't install the files after they download them in the account I =
have now (as they don't know the password). But, they can still =
download it taking up bandwidth.

I have installed Content Barrier from Intego, so I can block things like =
streaming, but I still can't figure out how to just block all downloads. =
It would seem like this should be an easy thing to do :)

Thanks,

Renee