Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Re: Teacher Assessment/Professional Development

A good method for assessing teachers' levels of technology proficiency is=
to require teachers to submit a portfolio demonstrating a variety of tec=
hnology skills. Align the skills you want to evaluate with what "21st cen=
tury" skills you have embedded or want to embed in your unit planning and=
curriculum. Also, articulate your expections for skill level of the port=
folio's contents, using, as a starting point, your state's technology pro=
ficiency standards for both students and teachers. Create a skills scorin=