Friday, October 30, 2009

Re: Access to Library Resources from home

As a librarian I have to ask why remote access is not by user name and pass=
word? When our students are on campus they have access to all our databases=
via the IP range that I provide to our vendors- we then ask for remote acc=
ess via password which in most cases we provide.

Jean M. Bruce, MLS
The Ensworth School
Devon Farm Campus
Head Librarian/AP Coordinator
Nashville, TN 37221
www.ensworth.com
615 301 5416

"The purpose of research is not simply to retrieve data, but to
participate in a conversation about it." Douglas Brent

On 10/30/09 12:09 PM, "Jason Hyams" <jhyams@st-agnes.org> wrote:

Maura,

We recently setup an application terminal session for students to access
Westlaw from home. I use the "2X Application Server" to share a
Internet Explorer window to remote users. Application terminal services
can also be done with Citrix.

Thank you,

Jason Hyams