Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Re: Copying Tapes to Digital

We've got a device installed in a desktop's drive bay called a Plus Deck 2c
that several of our teachers have used successfully. It will take an audio
tape and turn it into mp3's that can be burned to a CD. Quality is very
dependent on the original sound quality.

I've seen an ad for a similar device that will work with vinyl records, but
I can't recall the name.

Of course, be aware of the relevant copyright laws when making any copies.

-Ari

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Keith Hudspeth <Khudspeth@gds.org> wrote:

> To all,
> I was wondering if anyone owned a device that allowed for turning audio
> tapes, or records(yes! vinyl), into digital recordings that can be burned
> onto a disk. I think they exist!
> Thanks for any help or suggestions.
> Keith Hudspeth
> Georgetown Day School