Thursday, October 22, 2009

Re: BAISNet - "Goodreads" for students?

Hi Jenny,

I think PBWorks (formerly known as pbWiki) is your answer. http://
pbworks.com/

It is so user friendly (none of the ugly wiki commands all WYSIWYG
GUI) and intuitive you can make any page you want and reuse/copy it
for each book review.
I'd be curious to see if you can find a blog or wiki catering to book
reviews.

Basic account is free w/ 2 GBytes of space and allows you to easily
make student logins without emails and has built in search across pages.
If you pay $99/year you also get:
- control of which user gets to modify which page(s)
- free backup
- 40 GBytes storage

Regards,

Gordon
Math, Computer Literacy Teacher, and Tech Coordinator
St. Gabriel School
2550 41st Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
415.566.0314