Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Re: The "Green" (Paperless) Classroom

The site I built 3 years ago to teach Internet Safety I just continue to =
upgrade as new educational technology initiatives and new technologies =
are introduced.
=20
This past summer I signed a deal with Zoho.com to use their API on my =
site so now green is actually possible.
=20
Students now can log on to our school's private website, use the zoho =
apps for their work, save the work on their local profile or in a =
teacher's private forum.
=20
The teacher can then review and grade the doc online, post it back up =
for the student to make the necessary corrections, and wait for the =
final draft.
=20
We're also beginning to think through how to use this as a business =
continuity tool whereby when too many kids are out sick all the teachers =
can still interact with their classes - one to one or one to many - =
online.
=20
The site is rzonz.com and many questions are answered right there, but =
our private site is at dailychristianlife.org
=20
I'd be more than happy to create a demo account for you to browse =
wherein I'd provide you with not only access to the site, but access to =
the 90 page text I wrote that addresses all the technology on the site =
in similar fashion to a User Guide, but in addition I can also provide =
my scope & sequence which demonstrates using 21st Century Skills to =
teach Internet Safety. Using the scope & sequence anyone could then =
implement it as a template to use the site's technology to teach across =
the curriculum.
=20
I built the site, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to =
ask.
=20
Joe