Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Re: Foreign Language AP testing

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM -0500 wrote:
>Please see the message below. How are other 1:1 schools dealing with
>moving to a digital format for foreign language AP testing?
Hi Tim -

We used Audacity on student laptops last year, provided students with headphones and microphones, and put them in a large room so they could be separated some. It worked very well for us. We set up a protocol for saving and had our students do a trial
run to be sure everything worked well and they felt comfortable with the process. You do have to be certain that the student machines are all in good working order.

Karen

Karen Douse
Director of Library and Information Services
Ann Scott Carell Library
615-346-0116
Harpeth Hall School
www.harpethhall.org
Teaching girls to think critically, lead confidently, and live honorably