Saturday, October 11, 2008

Re: MalWare

Hi Renee,
I use them about once a trimester or if there are issues. I'm not at school
so I can't tell you which version of ad-aware we use- but remember that it
wasn't free. Spybot runs in real time protection mode- run scans once in a
while. But I'm considering taking the others off and just going with
malware since it was the only one that picked up the antivirus 2008 problem.
I have kept spybot and adware on for now, but if they don't pick up anything
different than malware- they'll be gone next time I have time. I was using 2
different ones because I found that they picked up different things.

The guys from compu-works who come when there is a problem also recommended
malwarebytes.

Maureen