Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Re: anyone use aa Axiotron Modbook?

I haven't used one, yet. I'm a life-long Mac lover, but I'm also a
HUGE tablet fan. To me, it would be the best of both worlds. I'd
love to hear how it goes. One big concern I have about the Axiotron
is the warranty/support. The guts of the machine may be Apple, but
converting it to a tablet voids the warranty and makes it a non-Mac
machine. I'd be curious what their support is like. I've heard
Apple support is no longer available once the conversion is done.

Tami Brass
http://www.tech4teaching.org
http://del.icio.us/brasst
tamilb@mac.com
tbrass@spa.edu
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to
live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the
same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but
burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like
spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue
centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!' "-- Jack Kerouac