Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re: Substitute teachers and use of school laptops?

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 1:38 PM +0000 wrote:
>While we're on the subject of providing laptops (and appropriate training) for all faculty, how are you dealing with substitutes?
>- Daily subs?
Not issued a laptop.

>- Long-term subs?
Issued a laptop.

>- Sabbatical replacements?
Issued a laptop - teacher on sabbatical keeps the laptop issued.

>Does integration stop when there's a sub, or is it expected to continue normally?
Long term sub would be expected to continue. Daily subs actions would be determined by instructions left by teacher. It varies.

>And what about teachers on medical/maternity/sabbatical leave? Do they keep their laptops or do they transfer to their temporary replacements?
Haven't had medical concern and would need to visit with divisional director and teacher on medical leave on what makes sense. Maternity or paternity leave the laptop is returned to the school and issued to the sub. Sabbatical leave - teacher keeps the
laptop and a different laptop is issued to the sub.

Marilyn

Marilyn Kelley Director of ISS
mkelley@blakeschool.org (v) 952-988-3408
http://www.blakeschool.org

(f) 952-988-3412

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." The Little Prince