Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Re: communication and lice

As the parent of a 4 year old in day care, Marty's experience dovetails cleanly with what they do at my daughter's day care. A note home, accompanied by a personal conversation with a teacher during drop-off and pickup. This is coupled with a very common-sense, practical approach: wash clothes/etc in hot water, and how to spot lice.

This has helped to destigmatize the situation as well. As to the silkworm-eating mice: totally out of my league :)

Cheers,

Bill