Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re: Substitute teachers and use of school laptops?

On May 22, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Tami Brass wrote:

> While we're on the subject of providing laptops (and appropriate
> training) for all faculty, how are you dealing with substitutes?
> - Daily subs?

Nope

> - Long-term subs?

Yes, they get an account on the teacher laptop.

> - Sabbatical replacements?

Have not had to deal with before so I am not entirely sure how we
would handle it.

> Does integration stop when there's a sub, or is it expected to
> continue normally?

Integration is expected to continue as normal. Long-term subs are
require to integrate just as much as a regular teacher. Most teachers
for daily subs give them integration based lessons which work well and
the kids are able to adapt.

> And what about teachers on medical/maternity/sabbatical leave? Do
> they keep their laptops or do they transfer to their temporary
> replacements?

Their laptops are transferred to their replacements.