Friday, May 23, 2008

Re: student information systems

FYI - Focus went closed source, but there's two other groups that are
working on school admin software - SchoolTool is being funded by
Canonical, the parent company of Ubuntu and OA-SIS took over the code
from Focus.

Centre is a nice package and has been recently revived by the Miller
Group.

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
=EF=BB=BF401 Rosemont Avenue
Frederick, MD 21701
mlb@imparisystems.com
www.imparisystems.com
(301) 644-3911

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:37 +0300, Damianne President wrote:
> I'm looking for an SIS recommendation. We're considering Focus and=20
> Centre. What are other people using? If you've used either Focus or=20
> Centre, can you please share your experiences with me?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Damianne President
>=20
>=20
> IT Coordinator
> Khartoum American School
> skype: dprez01
> Tel: 0913318639
>=20
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.