Friday, May 30, 2008

Re: Social Networking Policy

Thanks to all for these interesting perspectives. We all have lots to reflect on here.

I wrote a similar post on my blog and received this from Richard Kassissieh:

>Check out the following guideline from Scotland, by way of Ewan McIntosh.
>
>[ http://edu.blogs.com/edublogs/2008/05/what-the-update.html ]http://edu.blogs.com/edublogs/2008/05/what-the-update.html

Our challenge now is to figure out how to balance the positive powers of these networks while guiding our students and faculty to use them appropriately without crossing any lines that could cause someone to question our motivations.

Not such an easy thing to write, but it'll come.

I'll be summarizing this conversation for a small committee of faculty at my school and will post it on the School Computer Wiki when it's ready.

Thanks,

- Alex

Say I adopt Jenni's proper behavior list. I (a faculty member) have a face book profile and friend a student who is organizing a event for our environmental club. Then, I see and update to their profile

Alex Ragone
Director of Technology
Collegiate School
New York, NY