Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re: Part-time teachers and use of school laptops?

We have a slightly different spin. In our move towards mobile computing
and away from managed machines for teachers, we have begun removing
desktops from classrooms. So if a teacher is assigned a room without a
desktop, he/she gets a laptop or a tablet, regardless of how many
sections are assigned to that teacher. I should point out that we are
not a laptop school and very few of our students carry their own
personal laptops around to classes. We provide the machine for the
teacher's administrative duties and for any academic goals they wish to
pursue within their classes. - Vi

Vi Richter
Academic Technology Coordinator
Information Technology Services