Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Re: Apple Workgroup manager

Not only do you not need to switch to the wireless mac address, you
specifically need to NOT change the address from the wired one.
Workgroup manager looks for the "EN0" address for management (which
is the wired one - look in Network Utility) even when it uses the
wireless. If you switch to the wireless mac address, workgroup
manager won't work.

We manage many settings and policies through workgroup manager in
exactly the way you describe - image the computers on the wire, then
use them wirelessly - and haven't had a problem.

Michelle Hutton
Director of Technology
The Girls' Middle School
Mountain View, CA