Saturday, August 8, 2009

Re: 21st century skills curriculum integration

Hello Ally -

We have begun the same process and are interested in communicating
with others who have a similar focus. Several years ago we began the
work of reshaping our curriculum and instruction to focus more on
thinking than on remembering. We have also worked hard to increase
student engagement through collaborative project-based learning, and
through learning activities that connect students' thinking to
important real world problems. We have invested a lot of hard work
in this area but I think we still have substantially more 20th than
21st century teaching going on here. At any rate, please count me in
on the collaboration project idea.

Earl Oremus
Headmaster
Marburn Academy