Friday, April 3, 2009

Re: Query - parent Education on Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace)

We recently held a well-attended parent evening about social networks,
including academic uses, social uses, and compulsive behavior. Our featured
guest was Dr. Jerald Block, psychiatrist and expert on Internet addiction.
His presentation included lots of terrific data without making too many
judgments about =B3good=B2 or =B3bad=B2 uses. I presented the second session.

We have posted presenter slides and audio on the following pages.

Technology, Compulsive Behavior, and Social Networking
Dr. Jerald Block, M.D.
http://www.catlin.edu/page/1910

OMG My Parents Joined Facebook!
Richard Kassissieh, Director of Technology, Catlin Gabel School
http://www.catlin.edu/page/1906

Richard

--=20
Richard Kassissieh