Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Re: PC to Mac

It would be quite interesting to see if a pattern or ratio of
preferences from the student's perspective. I strongly share the
belief that such preferences are an adult issue (digital immigrants)
more than the children's view of "this is how you do it on a Mac and
this is how you do it on a PC". They don't really care. I don't
recall who originally used that quoted phrase so forgive me for not
giving due credit.

Nonetheless we are 95% Mac hardware based approaching 100% with 5%
running both MacOS and XP Pro. Our perspective is from a tech support
ratio that allows a larger number of laptops:technician to lower TCO.

The hardware of choice is ever evolving and who knows what the next
ten years will deliver.

Fred Austin
Technology Director
The Oakwood School