Monday, April 13, 2009

Re: Dreamspark

I'm glad to see MS doing this, as providing software at a low cost is a good thing to do.

As an open source developer/advocate, though, I need to ask: what would it take to get adoption of open source tools within K12 computer science curriculum?

I'm particularly interested in the server/database side of the equation, where Linux and MySQL are in such common use throughout industry.

Thoughts? What would it take to get developing/implementing OS tools (which have been free to use and develop for years) as part of a a Computer Science curriculum?

Cheers,

Bill