Thursday, October 9, 2008

Re: Outlook Calendar

Calendaring in Exchange 2003 can be done two ways. You can make shared pub=
lic calendars or you can make a Outlook user with a full mailbox and use th=
at account for the calendar.

The advantage of the second solution is when someone makes a calendar event=
in one calendar they can invite the other accounts to the event. This wil=
l put the event in as tentative, that is until someone accepts the invitati=
on, but the other calendars do see them. You can also see that account for=
scheduling purposes.

We are a Exchange school as well and have transformed our entire institutio=
n on to share calendars. This was worked well and I recommend it highly. =
When you upgrade to Exchange 2007 and Office 2007 you will get lots of extr=
a features.

Andrew J. Speyer
Director of Information Technology Services
Choate Rosemary Hall
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
[voice] 203.697.2105