Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Re: Open Office

I personally have been using Open Office for the past year and a half within a MS Office environment without any problems at all.

An interesting case study is the Bainbridge Island (Washington) school district where they decided to go to Open Office and took the monies that normally went to Microsoft Office and applied them to professional development. From the reports I heard at the recent NECC in San Antonio, the experience has turned out quite well.

On a different but related note, I find it interesting that this is all happening in Microsoft's "backyard"...

Hoover Chan chan@sacredsf.org
Director of Technology
Schools of the Sacred Heart
2222 Broadway St.