Friday, July 25, 2008

Re: Admission Testing

As do many Catholic schools around the country, we use the HSPT from
Scholastic Testing Services. Our admissions application packet
includes:

--a 4-page application with parts to be completed by both the
applicant and the parent; this part is submitted by the applicant with
a $50 application fee.

These remaining completed forms, which are in the packet, must be
submitted directly from the applicant's school:
--forms for letters of recommendation from the applicant's current
English and current Math teacher
--a third form to be completed by a teacher of the applicant's choice
other than English or Math
--a form to be completed by the applicant's current principal or head
of school regarding the applicant's discipline record and the family's
involvement in the junior high
--a form to request the 7th and 8th grade academic and attendance
records be submitted to us.

We also ask the student to write a directed essay when she comes to
the HSPT testing.

Our applications are not available online and only given to those who
come to the testing either at our school or at the other schools in
the diocese. 8th graders may take the HSPT at any one of the diocesan
high schools and send their scores to up to three different schools.

Paula Petrowski
Director of Admissions
Xavier College Preparatory
4710 N 5th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85012

On Jul 25, 2008, at 8:56 AM, Stephen Edele wrote:

> For those of you who do not use the ISEE as an admissions tool, I
> would be
> curious to learn what testing or other forms of assessment you use
> in your
> admission procedures.
>

> Many thanks,
>

> -Steve Edele
>

> Stephen Edele
>
> Head of School
>
> The Harbor School
>
> P.O. Box 1912
>
> Vashon, WA 98070
>
> 206-567-5955

Paula Petrowski
Director of Admissions
Xavier College Preparatory
4710 N 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85012
602-240-3104
petrowski@xcp.org
www.xcp.org
Celebrating a tradition of excellence since 1943