Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Re: 5 big trends in independent schools

Dear J.,

Interesting question.

I might combine your points two and three. To become a true global citizen, you really have to understand the benefits of a diverse community.

If I then had to add a trend, I would add change management. Our children are going to have to adapt to a marketplace that shifts at an exponential speed. While this could be part of either the technology trend or the global citizen trend, it may be deep enough that it should be singled out as something that we educators must keep in focus as we plan our curricula in preparation for their future.

Thanks for inspiring some thought this morning.

Susan Morrissey
Director of Admissions
Fontbonne Academy