Monday, July 14, 2008

Re: fighting proxy/anonymizing sites

We have a 1-1 tablet program for Grades 5-8, and I don't even try. It's =
stern-chase that we'll always lose. I really believe that the only way =
address student behavior issues involving technology is to leave the
technology out and treat them as behavioral issues. This means checking
firewall logs if teachers aren't keeping a close eye on student =
computers,
but that's less expensive and time-consuming than implementing some
preventative "solution."

David

David Rossell
Administrator of Network Services and Planning
Norwood School
8821 River Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 841-2178