Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Re: verbage for Faculty Handbook

Anyone read "When Young Teachers Go Wild on the Web" in the Washington =
Post (April 2008)? =
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/27/AR2008042=
702213.html?wpisrc=3Dnewsletter=20

Although we don't have language on social networking posts (specifically =
for faculty) in our handbook, when I read this article, I decided to =
refer to the article, with humor, at our upcoming new faculty tech =
training. We agreed that we didn't want to imply that our new teachers =
were behaving badly before arriving...just that they might want to think =
about the content of their profiles if they had not yet done so, now =
that they will be working with students who also use those networks.
=20
BTW Great NPR podcast. Thanks for sharing. - Vi=20
Vi Richter
Instructor/Academic Technology Coordinator
Phillips Exeter Academy