Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Re: Scheduling Software

Have you looked into http://studygroupcafe.com/=A0
Also, it is free to use.

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, Martha McMahon <mmcmahon@jburroughs.org> wrote:

From: Martha McMahon <mmcmahon@jburroughs.org>
Subject: Scheduling Software
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 9:35 AM

Hello all,

Does anyone have a good student scheduling program then can=20
recommend? Here is our situation:

We currently use MacSchool as our scheduling software, which is no=20
longer supported after 2010. I am looking into new options, and=20
PowerSchool is very expensive and has a number of features we don't=20
need. Basically, our main student information system is a FileMaker=20
database with which we are all very happy. Each Spring, I export=20
student requests from FileMaker (student ID's and course numbers),=20
and import this information into MacSchool. There are two ladies=20
that then work with the MacSchool Scheduler to get all of the courses=20
assigned. Then I export the data from MacSchool back into FileMaker.

I am looking for a pretty user friendly scheduler that is not so=20
expensive (PowerSchool is over $10,000), and can easily import and=20
export data from excel or tab-delimited files.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--=20
Martha McMahon
Technology Coordinator
John Burroughs School
755 South Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)993-4045 x204

Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L=0A=0A=0A

=