Friday, December 3, 2010

Re: Programming

I'm admittedly biased, but I would recommend Python as a first programming
language... I have some resources relating to teaching Python at
http://tech.canterburyschool.org/tech/VernCeder and
http://tech.canterburyschool.org/tech/TeacherTutorial. You can email me for
more, if you like.

Cheers,
Vern Ceder

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM, James Gapp <jgapp@harborday.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for teaching programming. In the
> past I taught Basic and Pascal - but these are a little out of date. SO
> because not programmed for a while is there a good resource to learn them
> and WHICH should I start with C, C+?????
>

> Thus far I have found "scratch" which is certainly good but maybe too
> elementary.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> --James
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

This time for sure!
-Bullwinkle J. Moose
Vern Ceder, Director of Technology
Canterbury School, 3210 Smith Road, Ft Wayne, IN 46804
vceder@canterburyschool.org; 260-436-0746; FAX: 260-436-5137

The Quick Python Book, 2nd Ed - http://bit.ly/bRsWDW