Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ISED--final exams for students with accommodations

I'd like to know what other schools do to administer final examinations for
students with accommodations. My experience has been to have all students
with extended time in a separate, quiet area (in our case, the library or a
theater gallery) versus starting them with the general student body and
allowing them to stay later (through the disruption of other students
leaving and turning in their exams), or asking the students with extended
time to get up and move to another location.

I can see arguments both ways, so I thought I'd ask the group what your idea
of a best practice is.

Thanks for any help.

--
Brent Spicer
Head of Upper School
The Independent School

[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L