Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Re: Brainstorming the Development of an Online Progressive School

David,

Thanks so much for sharing. Interesting possibilities indeed!

I hadn't seen the learner.org site. Amazing how many good solid
educational resources are available online.

Your point about schools sharing their bright students and exceptional
teachers is very well taken. If I had to put my current vision in a
sentence, I'd say... Create a collection of virtual design lab spaces
where teachers and students from around the world who are passionate
about a subject can meet and work together to further their
understanding and knowledge with an overarching goal of developing
solutions to make the world a better place.

Now how to build such a thing and bring it to life?

Fred

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM, David Lankford
<dlankford@ehshouston.org> wrote:
> Fred,
>
> I was looking at the OGS site and poked around a bit.
> =A0I came to this page:
>

> =A0http://www.learner.org/courses/envsci/interactives/energy/
>
> Then I began to think out of the box a bit. =A0Now this idea is not well
> thought out so forgive me in advance. =A0If you front load your idea with=
the
> idea of IPAD type devices that works on an App based OS like IOS, Android=
,
> Google, then think take notes, write a paper and read a text book and loo=
> at a demonstration / simulation. =A0Then think extended class room and he=
re is
> what I came up with.
>
> Using an online classroom management software CMS assign tasks to your
> students in class. =A0They would go to a site like the one above and see =
Text