Thursday, December 16, 2010

Re: leveled books and the iPad and other apps

Here are a few leveled reader suggestions...definitely waiting for more cho=
ices in this category:

1. I've been enjoying the International Children's Digital Library (ICDL) a=
pp on the iPad with my own second graders. You can search for public domain=
books by age, language and theme. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com=
/us/app/icdl-for-ipad-free-books-for/id363731638?mt=3D8

2. The iReading HD books are also pretty good:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id368404482?mt=3D8

3. And So Ouat has a few fairy tale titles that are really great as well, a=
nd can be read in English or French, in print or cursive:
http://www.so-ouat.com/en/the-three-little-pigs.html

We're definitely looking for more suggestions too!
Barbara

Barbara L. Cohen, Director of Technology
Marin Country Day School
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Direct Line: 415.945.5107