Monday, December 13, 2010

Re: use of computers on exams

For the last three years we've been using a program called "Exam4". It's w=
orks with a local client and a server installed on campus. Students take t=
he exam in a word-like application and are barred from getting to their har=
d drive or the Internet while doing so. Exams are submitted electronically=
to the server where the exam opener decodes and prints them. Back-up copi=
es are saved on the laptop in case there is a problem.

It's been working great. We pay an annual license fee and use it in many U=
pper School humanities throughout the year, but everyone has to take their =
finals on E4. Very little setup required and very dependable. We have not=
lost a single exam in over three years.

Karl

=3D=3D
Director of Educational Technology
Convent of the Sacred Heart
1177 King Street
Greenwich, Ct. 06831
203-532-3159 (Office)
203-512-6557 (Mobil)

"Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire." William Butler Ye=
ats