Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Re: leveled books and the iPad and other apps

Hi All,
Very interested in this thread. I just looked at the epubbud link. I love
the Create your own ebook part and actually think it could be a great tool
for students to publish their own books.

I question the other part though about digitizing a real book. Seems illegal
to me.

Ellen

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Lucy Gray <elemenous@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jenny -
>
> Good questions! Someone pointed me to this resource recently, but I haven't
> tried it yet:
> http://www.epubbud.com/
>
> Also, here's a handout I created for a workshop I gave today... maybe you
> can find some useful info here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vyXFFXqO6Yh2XjGKuvCUKO_BETeuCFZnL0gx6YCf_58/edit?hl=en#
>
> Please post any info that you find!
>
> Lucy Gray
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Jennifer Howland <jenny@kdbs.org> wrote:
>
> > Dear Colleagues
> >
> > We are testing out iPads in our lower school. Teachers want to have books
> > available for k-4 students. Do any of the book buying sites have reading
> > levels A-Z on their books? Is anyone using the iPad e-books for reading
> > groups?
> >
> > Who is choosing the books and how is it done? Are there book buying
> > resources that have been especially helpful? I myself love The Pedlar
> > Lady, Pop up Peter Rabbit and Animalia as interactive books but they seem
> > more a one on one reading, viewing experience.
> >
> > Are there any apps that are really working for this age group- not
> > necessarily in language arts, in any subject
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jenny Howland
> > Burke's School
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see
> https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L
> >

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Ellen Baru