Thursday, December 9, 2010

Re: School wide reading assignment

I'd love this list as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators
[mailto:ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Bodley, Barb
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 4:59 PM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: School wide reading assignment

Last year I took a suggestion of a book for our school to read school-wide
over the summer from this listserv. In place of the normal summer reading
all our students from PK-8 received an appropriate copy of 'Three Cups of
Tea' and they read the book with their family and completed various
assignments and projects. It was and is a huge success and there have been
many conversations about the book throughout the first semester.

I'm looking for more suggestions of books that would be appropriate for our
grade range that others may have used successfully for summer reading.

Thanks
Barb Bodley
Otto Armleder Memorial Education Center
Cincinnati, OH

Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.