Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Re: Query - 9th Grade Research Expectations

At our school there are research requirements for each year, grade 7-12. The
projects are done collaboratively between teachers and librarians, and
sometimes educational technologists too. Our 9th graders do a literary
criticism paper in English, and our 10th graders do a modern world history
paper (they also do a Sim which requires research, but no paper - they
interact through blogs ind in person instead). All teachers teaching that
subject participate, as we want to provide the same research, technology,
and writing experiences for our kids. The assignments are around the same
time and have very similar requirements and topics. This is very helpful,
because we can have a library scope and sequence. I can refer to other
grade-wide projects our students have done in the past and know they all had
the same training.
Hope this is helpful -

Elisabeth Abarbanel
Librarian