Sunday, November 21, 2010

Re: Security hole in your school filters

Speaking to the comment about SonicWall...

SonicWall's software is no different and vulnerable just as described. If =
you have a SW firewall device you can purchase a one-time upgrade to add th=
e DPI-SSL feature (deep packet inspection - secure socket layer) this allow=
s the SW to decrypt content, apply filtering policies, and re-encrypt secur=
e traffic. It does create some practical issues that need to be worked aro=
und and dealt with, but the alternative of not really filtering your Intern=
et is not really a good option (if your school believes in filtering).

John Caballero